Council has commenced a more detailed community engagement process in July 2016. The purpose of the community engagement is to explore the ideas generated in the initial phase of community engagement and to ultimately develop a Master Plan for the Penguin Recreation Ground by early 2017.
A number of engagement activities will be undertaken to gather information and create directions with the community about the best use for this site. The community engagement activities will include the following:
- Rapid appraisal site tours open to anyone – click here to download your Walking Tour Guide
- A community advisory group (or Think Tank Team)
- Static Displays – Visual aides including maps and photographs – click here to see more details about static displays
- Fact Sheets on key information about the project
- Round Two – Community workshops (at Penguin Football Club, Pirtek Oval, Ironcliffe Road, Penguin):
* Wednesday 8 March 1.00 – 3.00pm
* Wednesday 8 March 6.00 – 8.00pm
* Thursday 9 March 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Targeted briefing session and interviews
- Feedback Forms – click here to download the relevant Feedback Form – or complete the online Feedback Form
Community participation in this Master Planning process is vital and Council is keen to see strong participation by the community in developing the future vision and use of the Penguin Recreation Ground.