Central Coast Council’s privacy and disclaimer statements are designed to protect your rights and govern the use of information on this website.
The Council will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals as required by the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 and the Information Privacy Principles contained in that Act.
Collecting your personal information
When collecting your personal information, the Council will:
- Tell you for what purpose we will be collecting the information;
- Tell you what information is necessary to access the Council’s products and services, including payments and transactions;
- Not ask for or collect any sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to meet legal, public interest or statistical requirements; and
- Not pass the information on to other entities without your consent unless it is required by law or for public interest.
Using your personal information
When you provide the Council with your personal information, the Council will:
- Use the information to help you use the Council services;
- Gather the data for analysis; and
- Remove personally identifiable characteristics unless you have given us specific consent to recognise your usage on an individual basis.
Disclosing your personal information
The Council will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless one of the following reasons applies:
- You have given us your consent to do so;
- The Council is required by law or authorised to do so under a law;
- There are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health;
- That person or organisation is providing a service to the Council and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles; and
- The Council is of the opinion that it is unable to assist with your request and that another government agency or authority is more capable of assisting or has the appropriate jurisdiction to assist with your request.
You do not have to disclose personal information to browse this site. Wherever it is legal and practical to do so, transactions may be carried out without you having to identify yourself.
Security of your personal information
When handling your personal information, the Council will:
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that all information that is collected, used or disclosed is securely stored;
- Monitor transmissions sent to or from the Council for quality control and systems administration;
- Strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access; and
- Operate secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of your credit card information.
The Council will take all reasonable steps to ensure the data quality and security of your personal information and undertake to remove it from our system when it is no longer required.
You do not have to provide us with personal information to use this site; however, it may speed up resolution of customer requests if you choose to give us contact details, including name, address and phone number or email address.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of username and passwords and any account information. Please be responsible and careful in using this information.
Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so as with other channels of communication fraud is always a possibility. While the Council take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services.
If you have concerns in this regard, the Central Coast Council has other ways of obtaining and providing information. Normal mail, telephone or email are available per the contact details at the end of this document).
Accessing, correcting or updating your information
You can access the personal information that you give us in accordance with our obligations under the Right to Information Act 2009.
The Council will also take all reasonable steps to correct and update your personal information or remove it if it is no longer needed. Similarly, please contact Council to alter your personal information if it is out of date, inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant.
You can read more on the Right to Information Act here.
INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
This data is used by the Council to analyse how visitors use the website in order to improve your user experience.
You can choose not to allow Google to collect your information by opting out of Google Analytics or specifically opt out of Google Analytics Display Advertiser Features.
Alternatively, if you want to block cookies for all websites, you can change the privacy settings of your web browser (not recommended).
The Council distributes the information on this website as a general reference source.
This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than the Council. The other websites are outside of the Council’s control and links are provided for your convenience.
Despite our best efforts, the Council makes no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
The Council disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
Requests for access to documents containing personal information are managed under the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 and should be addressed to:
Director of Organisational Services
Central Coast Council
19 King Edward Street
Ulverstone Tas 7315
Ph: 03 6429 8900
If you have any other enquiries concerning the Council’s privacy procedures whilst using this site, please telephone Central Coast Council on (03) 6429 8900 or send an enquiry via email to [email protected]. These requests will be dealt with in a timely manner by the Director of Organisational Services.