The Council operates the Central Coast Memorial Park located at South Road, West Ulverstone. The Ulverstone General Cemetery and Penguin General Cemetery are now closed other than for previously approved reservations. Plaques can be ordered through the funeral director or the Community Services Officer, Community Services Department.
Burial arrangements are made through a funeral director.
The Council maintains a number of memorial parks located within Ulverstone that commemorate the various armed services. Niche walls are located in each of these parks for the placement of plaques (and ashes) commemorating those who served. Reservations and arrangements for the placement of plaques (and ashes) are to be made through the Council.
For more information, contact the Community Services Officer, Community Services Department on 6429 8900.
Information on natural burials available at the Central Coast Memorial Park Cemetery is available to download below.
Information for Funeral Directors
* Not before 12.30pm on Mondays
* Not before 10am on any other day
* Earliest booking 10am
* Latest booking 3pm
- Allow 2 hours between funerals (all bookings to start 30 minutes before arrival)
- No glass vases/containers allowed on graves
- Funeral bookings will not be confirmed until ‘Order for Burial’ form is received from Funeral Director
- The information you are required to provide when making an after hours booking is as follows:
* Cemetery Name (Central Coast Memorial Park, Ulverstone General or Penguin General)
* Name of deceased
* Whether a single or double depth grave, or a reopening
* If reopening, whose grave is to be reopened
* Any special requirements, i.e. graveside service, oversized coffin etc.
* Name of Funeral Director, example: CCMP Joan Mary Blogs Reopen John Frederick Blogs Graveside Service ParksideCemetery Fees and Charges