The Action Plan has been co-designed by the Working Group and is guided by the Framework’s five principles:
- People living with dementia are valued and respected members of the Central Coast community;
- Creating a dementia-friendly Central Coast is everybody’s business;
- Places, businesses and services are welcoming and enabling for people living with dementia;
- Community decisions response to the needs and aspirations of people with dementia and their carers; and
- Becoming a dementia-friendly Central Coast is a continuous process.
Ten priority ideas/actions emerging from a ’roundtable’ meeting of the Working Group held on Wednesday, 13 September 2017 are included.
The project has been supported by a Liveable Communities Program Grant from the Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Sport, Recreation and Communities Division. Funding will enable project teams to develop a creative arts program and development of a memory cafe called the Connect Café to be delivered in June 2018.
By working collaboratively to reduce the negative social impacts of dementia, we will make the Central Coast a safer, more supportive and vibrant community for everyone.