These new basketball rings are a fantastic addition to the centre and will enhance the community’s experience when using the facility.
The basketball rings were installed by a company called Ringleader, who are one of the leading basketball backboard and ring manufacturers in Australia.
About the basketball rings:
- The backboards meet FIBA regulations and retract to the roof of the centre, leaving the court free from obstruction.
- The height of the basketball rings is adjustable, with a clear vision glass backboard and no structural obstruction behind the glass.
- They are quick and easy to use, with a latch for senior/junior height adjustments.
- The system allows for almost full automation.
Community benefits so far:
- The Ulverstone Basketball Association will now have access to the six basketball rings for their basketball training sessions.
- Junior mini ball games can be set-up within 30 seconds and therefore two games can be played at the same time.
- Basketball Tasmania will conduct their weekly High Performance Basketball Training at the Stadium, as well as a number of State Team Training Camps.
- Netball and Badminton can also benefit due to the rings being retractable and Stadium 2 becoming a multi-purpose space.
The Ulverstone Sports & Leisure Centre truly is a state-of-the-art sports precinct, and Council is excited to see the space evolve and continue to be used by the community.