The Council is undertaking a cultural heritage study to identify, protect and manage the heritage resources which are important to our community. The study will look at buildings, precincts, landscapes, archaeological sites, parks and gardens and individual trees of local significance. Our staff will be assisted by respected archaeologist and Tasmanian Heritage Council member, Dr Jennifer Jones-Travers and her team from Extent Heritage Advisors.
We would love to hear about the places that are important to you, and there are several ways you can be involved:
- Online Zoom session will be held on Tuesday 5 October from 7pm to 9pm. Registrations are essential to [email protected]
- Drop-in sessions will be held on Sunday 10 October at:
- Cradle Coast Community Makers & Growers Market at the Ulverstone Wharf Precinct from 10am to 12pm.
- Penguin Market, 11 Arnold Street, Penguin from 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
- Community workshop – the date for the workshop has been changed to Monday 11 October from 10am to 2.30pm in the Gnomon Pavilion, Ulverstone Wharf Precinct. Please register your interest to [email protected]
- Online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PM7F5YN. Survey closes 17 October 2021. So far approximately 40 surveys have been received.
Please complete our simple survey and attend a workshop, Zoom or drop-in session. Everybody is welcome. For more information, or to register for the workshop or Zoom session, please contact the project team via [email protected]