Permits to hold a firework display have been issued by WorkSafe Tasmania. All fireworks displays must:
- Start at 6pm or later, and finish by 10pm or earlier; and
- Last for a maximum of 30 minutes or less.
We all love hearing and seeing fireworks lighting up the night sky but spare a thought for animals that may be in proximity. Most animals are not fan of fireworks, as the loud noises may cause panic and anxiety with a need to escape to find some place a little quieter to hide.
Some tips to help our furry friends on Cracker Night, before the noise begins:
- Make sure your dogs are wearing an id tag.
- Confine your pet to a quieter room in the house.
- Give your pets a treat, and a reassuring pat.
A list of all fireworks permits that have been issued can be found on the WorkSafe website:WorkSafe Tasmania