The Central Coast Council, in conjunction with the National Australia Day Council, invites nominations from the public for the Australia Day Awards 2022 in three categories:
- CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
- YOUNG CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
- COMMUNITY GROUP OR EVENT OF THE YEAR
Nominations must be on the prescribed form.
The online Nomination Form is available to start below.
- A tip for navigating between questions in the online Nomination Form is to click on the “OK”, or arrow buttons on the lower RHS of the screen:
- Using the tab key on your keyboard also assists with navigating between fields in the form.
- Questions requiring an answer are indicated by this symbol:
- The form has been successfully submitted when you see this screen:
- If you do not see the submission screen, please review your form as there are questions that need to be completed.
The Nomination Form is available to download below:DOWNLOAD A NOMINATION FORM
Print copies of the Nomination Form and Conditions of Entry can be collected from the Council’s Administration Centre at 19 King Edward Street Ulverstone, the Ulverstone Visitor Information Centre at Hive, 50 Main St, Ulverstone or the Penguin Service Centre at 78 Main Road, Penguin.
Nominations close at 4pm on Friday 10 December 2021.
Please read the Conditions of Entry and Guidelines and Criteria below. If you require further information, please contact the Council’s Community Development Group on tel. 6429 8900.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry in the Central Coast Council’s Australia Day Awards is free.
- People nominated for an individual award must be Australian citizens, and have been a resident of Central Coast for a minimum of two years.
- People or organisations nominated for a group award must be based in Central Coast, or have a significant presence serving the community in Central Coast.
- Nominations must be made on the official form, but additional material is welcome.
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of the Central Coast Council. All care but no responsibility will be taken for original materials.
- Nominators should ensure, as best possible, that their nominee will be available to attend the Awards Presentation ceremony at Anzac Park, Ulverstone on 26 January 2022.
- Award winners will be required to consent to the use of their name and the information contained in the nomination form for publicity purposes, and to be available as required, without cost, for publicity and other purposes prior to and after the Awards Presentation.
- Nomination forms must be submitted by the close date, in the manner prescribed.
GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA
The following guidelines and criteria are used when considering the Australia Day Awards.
Criteria for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- Nominees for Young Citizen of the Year must be 16 years to 30 years of age, on 26 January 2022.
All nominations received will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The impact of the person’s contribution to a particular field, locality, group, community or humanity at large.
- The period of time that the person has made a major commitment.
- Whether the person’s contribution has been recognised elsewhere (e.g. in the media, by other awards, interest groups or local councils).
- The level of excellence that the person has demonstrated in their chosen field.
- The nominee is to have made a significant contribution to the Central Coast Community.
- The nominee has contributed service that is worthy of recognition, and, is a great role model in our community.
Criteria for Community Group or Event of the Year Award
Nominations for this category must be for:
- An event held in the Central Coast municipal area during the past year; or
- A community group which has provided services, or support, or projects, or activities (including social gatherings) in the Central Coast municipal area during the past year;
which has made a significant positive impact on the Central Coast community.
- Only one winner – either community group or event – will be Awarded in any year.
- Previous winners of this Award will be ineligible for five years following their win.
Nominations for this category will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The impact of the event or group on the Central Coast community.
- The level of community involvement in, and engagement with, the event or group.
- The level of excellence and/or innovation that the event or group has demonstrated.
- Recognition and acclaim of the event or group (e.g. in the media, other awards, etc.).