The Central Coast Council in conjunction with the National Australia Day Council, invites nominations from the public for the Australia Day Awards 2021 in the following three categories:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Event of the Year
Nominations must be on the prescribed form.
The online Nomination Form is available to start below.
- A tip for navigating between questions in the online Nomination Form is to click on the arrow buttons on the lower RHS of the screen:
- Using the tab key on your keyboard also assists with navigating between fields in the form
- Required questions are indicated by this symbol:
- The form has been successfully submitted when you see this screen:
- If you do not see the submission screen, please review your form as there are questions that need to be completed
The Nomination Form is available to download as an editable PDF below:DOWNLOAD A NOMINATION FORM
The Nomination Form can also be collected from the Council’s Administration Centre at 19 King Edward Street, Ulverstone or the Visitor Information Centres at Alexandra Road, Ulverstone, and Main Road, Penguin.
Nominations close at 4pm on Wednesday 2 December 2020.
Please read the Conditions of Entry and Guidelines and Criteria below. If you require further information, please contact the Council’s Community Development Group on tel. 6429 8900.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry in the Central Coast Council’s Australia Day Awards is free and open to all residents of the Central Coast municipal area.
- Nominees must be Australian citizens and have been a resident of the Central Coast for a minimum of two years.
- All nominees must be 16 years of age or older, on 26 January 2021.
- Nominations may only be made on an official form.
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of the Central Coast Council. All care but no responsibility will be taken for original materials.
- Nominees agree to make themselves available without cost for publicity purposes as required prior to and after the Awards Presentation. Nominees agree to allow the use of their nomination information for publicity purposes.
- The successful nominee should be available to attend the Presentation Ceremony at Anzac Park.
- Nominations will be accepted at the Central Coast Council Administration Centre up until 4pm on Wednesday 2 December 2020.
- Please forward your completed nomination form marked “confidential” to:
Events Officer, Central Coast Council, Australia Day Awards,
PO Box 220, ULVERSTONE TAS 7315
GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA
The following guidelines and criteria are used when considering the Citizen, Young Citizen and Community Event of the Year Awards.
Criteria for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- Nominees for Young Citizen of the Year must be 16 years to 30 years of age, on 26 January 2021.
All nominations received will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The impact of the person’s contribution to a particular field, locality, group, community or humanity at large.
- The period of time that the person has made a major commitment.
- Whether the person’s contribution has been recognised elsewhere (e.g. in the media, by other awards, interest groups or local councils).
- The level of excellence that the person has demonstrated in their chosen field.
- The nominee is to have made a significant contribution to the Central Coast Community.
- The nominee has contributed service that is worthy of recognition, and, is a great role model in our community.
Criteria for Community Event of the Year Award
All Community Event nominations received will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The award is given to an event which has a significant positive impact on the Central Coast community during the last year.
- The event must have been held in the Central Coast Council area.
The same event can receive more than one of this category’s awards in its lifetime.
- Whether the event’s contribution has been recognised elsewhere (e.g. in the media, by other awards, interest groups or local councils).
- The impact of the event on the Central Coast community and the involvement of the community in the event.
- The level of excellence/innovation that the event has demonstrated.