The Council is responsible for the provision of off-street car parking. Central Coast does not have parking meters and therefore does not charge for parking; however, parking limits of varying times apply to some car parks and certain streets within business and shopping areas. State-controlled parking fines apply for breaches of parking limits.
A parking facility suitable for long vehicles such as campervans and caravans is available at the Wharf Car Park located at the western end of the Ulverstone central business district and is accessed via Crescent Street. The facility is for short-term daytime parking only (not overnight).
Car parks that are available free of charge are located as follows:
Two Hour Parking Time Limit:
- North Reibey Street Car Park (via King Edward/Crescent Streets)
- Bannons Car Park (via Victoria/King Edward Streets)
No Parking Time Limit:
- Wharf Car Park (via Crescent Street)
- Gollan Street and Coles Car Park (via King Edward Street/Gollan Street/Kings Parade)
- Railway Car Park (via Victoria Street)
- Patrick Street Car Park (via Patrick Street)
- Victoria Street Car Park (via Victoria Street)