Central Coast Council | Ph 03 6429 8900 | Fax 03 6425 1224 | Email: [email protected]


The Council is responsible for the provision of off-street car parking. Central Coast does not have parking meters and therefore does not charge for parking; however, parking limits of varying times apply to some car parks and certain streets within business and shopping areas. State-controlled parking fines apply for breaches of parking limits.

A parking facility suitable for long vehicles such as campervans and caravans is available at the Wharf Car Park located at the western end of the Ulverstone central business district and is accessed via Crescent Street. The facility is for short-term daytime parking only (not overnight).

Car parks that are available free of charge are located as follows:

Two Hour Parking Time Limit:

  • North Reibey Street Car Park (via King Edward/Crescent Streets)
  • Bannons Car Park (via Victoria/King Edward Streets)
  • Coles/Furner’s Car Park (via King Edward Street / Gollan Street / Kings Parade).

No Parking Time Limit:

  • Wharf Car Park (via Crescent Street)
  • Gollan Street
  • Railway Car Park (via Victoria Street)
  • Patrick Street Car Park (via Patrick Street)
  • Victoria Street Car Park (via Victoria Street).
Paying for a Parking Infringement

Payments for parking infringements are unable to be accepted over the phone. Payments can be made as follows:

Click here to make a payment for a Parking Infringement Notice

Pay in person at the Council’s Administration Centre, 19 King Edward Street, Ulverstone or the Penguin Service Centre, 78 Main Road, Penguin (open Wed-Fri).

Post your payment to The General Manager, Central Coast Council, PO Box 220, ULVERSTONE  TAS  7315. Payment by post must be accompanied by the Payment Information Form.

*Note – cheques and money orders should be cross marked ‘Not Negotiable’ and made payable to the Central Coast Council. If paid by cheque, payment shall be deemed not made unless and until the cheque is honoured on presentation. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.

Appealing a Parking Infringement

Should you wish to appeal a parking infringement, you can do so by applying to the General Manager for a review of the infringement notice by completing the Internal Review Form, or alternatively, you can lodge a Notice of Election for a Court Hearing.

Infringement Issue Enquiries

For enquiries relating to the issue of a parking infringement, or to apply for a variation of payment conditions, please contact the Council’s Director Community Services on tel. (03) 6429 8934.