Australia’s Broadband Network Is Here
The nbn™ network right on your doorstep…
What is the nbn?
The nbn network is Australia’s new landline phone and internet network, designed to provide you with access to fast and reliable phone and internet services no matter where you live.
Australia’s new broadband network is rolling out across the Central Coast Council area.
Switching to the nbn network
Switching to the nbn network isn’t automatic. If the network is available to you, here’s what you need to do:
- Contact a phone or internet provider. To view the full list of nbn service providers, click here.
- Ask about switching your phone or internet to the nbn network
- Check your equipment compatibility including safety critical devices such as medical alarms/alerts, monitored fire alarms and lifts emergency phones
- Choose a plan that suits your needs
The nbn will be mailing residents and businesses when you are able to switch to the nbn network, with information about what to do next. For more information, download the ‘How to Switch’ brochure.
What will the nbn network mean for you?
The nbn network can open up many opportunities for homes and businesses:
- Experience fast downloads, with multiple people and devices operating in the home or business at the same time*
- Smooth video conferencing takes the frustration out of face to face contact with loved ones or work colleagues
- Kids can unlock their full potential by having fast access to online educational tools
- Access to a fast connection can help businesses and employees enhance productivity*
* Your experience including the speeds actually achieved over the nbn network depends on the technology over which services are delivered to your premises and some factors outside nbn’s control like your equipment quality, software broadband plans and how your service provider designs its network.
Five things you need to know, even if you only have a landline phone:
What’s the nbn network?
The nbn network is Australia’s exciting new landline phone and internet network designed to provide you with access to fast, reliable phone and internet services, wherever you live.
Why do we need it?
With so many connected devices now in the home and workplace, the way we access and use data has changed forever. A fast broadband network will ensure Australia is ready for the next generation of connected homes and businesses.
What do I need to do?
In most areas, once the nbn network is available, you’ll need to move your phone and internet services to it to make sure they continue working. Check with your service provider to find out whether your services will be affected.
How can I get the nbn network?
As a wholesaler, nbndoesn’t sell directly to the public. That means once it’s in your area, you’ll need to talk to a phone or internet provider about moving your services. Whether you’re a home, or business user, they won’t be switched over automatically. To make the switch, call a phone or internet provider and ask about moving to a plan that uses the nbn network.
What if I don’t make the switch?
The nbn network rollout affects almost all of us, with access expected to be available to 8 million homes and businesses by 2020. Most people will need to act to stay connected, even if they just have a landline phone.