The Central Coast Council has identified the need for roadway improvements at the intersection of Kings Parade, Reibey Street and Crescent Street.
The primary interest is to improve safety for traffic entering and exiting between Crescent Street and Reibey Street.
The Council’s initial investigations into how this intersection could be improved has identified that several different options are possible. In considering these, the Council has further recognised the potential to make broader improvements and upgrades to this precinct, beyond the footprint of the intersection.
With a range of options available, the Council is seeking community feedback to determine what the priorities and preferences are for this area before progressing with redevelopment works.
Considerations for discussion include, however are not limited to:
- Reshaping of Kings Parade to remove the slip lane from Crescent Street
- Changes to the shape and order of the Reibey Street intersection
- If there should be a right-hand turn off Reibey Street
- If Kings Parade should have one-way traffic
- If current parking spaces in Kings Parade are in the best location/formation
- If there should be improvements made to the Queen’s Garden landscaping
- The proposal to relocate the Boer War memorial to a more accessible location in Anzac Park
- How access could be improved for people with a disability
- How access could be improved for pedestrians and cyclists
- How public safety could be improved.
The project will commence in October 2017 with a range of community consultation activities planned to consider several Concept Design options.
Feedback from those activities will be considered in combination with a range of data collection and technical analysis by the Council’s Engineering Team.
Together, these processes will determine the preferred design for the Kings Parade Precinct, with the project concluding in May 2018.
Civil works are then anticipated to be completed during the 2018-2019 financial year.
- To learn more about planned and upcoming Community Consultation Activities, click here.
- To view the Project Timeline, click here.
- To access more detailed information on the project scope and considerations, view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document, by clicking here.
A Project Newsletter containing details about the project and consultation activities is available to download by clicking here.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?