A range of community consultation activities are planned throughout the project. These engagement activities will be important in obtaining the community’s feedback on potential risk factors and the alternative design options for redeveloping Kings Parade.
The Council will be engaging directly with a range of local stakeholders associated with the Kings Parade Precinct, including:
- Adjacent land owners
- Leasees of nearby properties
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- The Anglican Church
- Reibey Street, Crescent Street and Kings Parade businesses
- The Ulverstone Returned Services Club and armed services units.
The Council also wishes to hear from the wider Central Coast community.
Residents will be invited to participate in a range of consultation activities, commencing in mid-October 2017 and continuing until May 2018.
These activities will include:
- Direct consultation with potentially affected stakeholders
- Study Circles (nominations close Friday 13 October 2017)
- Community Forums
- Information Stalls at Apex Park and Cradle Coast Farmers’ Markets
- Static displays at the Ulverstone Visitor Information Centre, the Council’s Administration Centre in Ulverstone and the Penguin Service Centre
- Briefings and interviews as needed
- Feedback Forms and Online Survey
- Dedicated Project web page
- Project email.
How Can you Get involved in this Project?
If you have an interest in sharing your views and being part of this engagement experience, please register your interest by emailing the Project Team at: [email protected].
All residents and stakeholders will be notified of their opportunities to share their views through local media, social media, the Council’s website or direct mail.
Study Circles offer an opportunity for interested residents to learn more about the project specifics and the processes used to determine the design outcomes. Participants become ambassadors for the project and proactively gather community views through their own networks to influence the planning process.
Central Coast Council is looking for dedicated residents to join one of four Study Circles across the life of the project from October 2017 to May 2018. Individuals interested in representing the views and considerations of Young Families, Cyclists/Runners/Walkers, Vehicle Drivers and Local Businesses are encouraged to nominate.
- To learn more about the Study Circles, download the Study Circles Information Sheet by clicking here.
- To nominate to join one of the four Study Circles, download and complete the Study Circles Nomination Form by clicking here.
Nomination Forms can be submitted in person at the Council’s Administration Centre, the Ulverstone Visitor Information Centre and the Penguin Service Centre, or via email to [email protected].
Nominations close Friday 13 October 2017.
If you would like to be kept informed about the Kings Parade Upgrade Project, email us at [email protected]centralcoast.tas.gov.au and we will keep you on the Contact Database. This means that you will receive any future communication as the project progresses. Your contact details will not be used for any other purpose.
*Click here to return to the Kings Parade Upgrade Project page.