7 Day Makeover of Ulverstone
Ulverstone CBD will get a people-powered 7 Day Makeover and we want you to be part of it. International place making expert David Engwicht will help ordinary people create extraordinary places, in just seven days – without endless talk.
The process will be explained at an Information Night 29 May in the Social Room at the Ulverstone Sports and Leisure Centre, 3 Flora Street, Ulverstone.
How you can take part
- Attend the Information Night Tuesday May 29 to meet David and hear how the 7 Day Makeover works and how you can be a part of it.
- If you can’t attend the Information Night, visit the 7 Day Makeover website and click on scheduled makeovers.
- Watch the video of what one town did in seven days.
- Download the brochure advertising the makeover and share with your friends and colleagues.
There are important jobs for everyone, regardless of skill level or how much time you can give.
Ulverstone CBD 23-29 June (give as little as one hour)
Weekend planning workshop 23 and 24 June
Implementation 25-29 June
Links and information
- Download the Volunteers Guide
- Brochure – 7 Day Makeover Ulverstone
- Facebook – 7 Day Makeover Ulverstone
- Website – Creative Communities International 7 Day Makeover program
- YouTube – 7 Day Makeover project, Westport New Zealand
- YouTube – How the 7 Day Makeover project works
- YouTube – David’s TEDx talk on place making.
The 7 Day Makeover is sponsored by Central Coast Council but facilitated by Creative Communities International, who have been helping communities world-wide turn public spaces into vibrant people-places for 25 years.